Watsonville, CA 95076
* Conduct research, analysis, and correlation across a wide variety of source data to identify and prevent compromise of networks, host systems, and data.
* Analyze network traffic and host data to identify anomalous activity and potential threats.
* Establish alerting thresholds/triggers, analyze alerts from various sources within the enterprise, and determine possible causes and effects on systems and data.
* Validate intrusion detection system (IDS) alerts against network traffic and host data sources using to root out false positives.
* Perform regular and ad-hoc vulnerability and malware scans to identify unauthorized access to Granite data systems and malicious code activity such as trojans, root kits, backdoors, bots, or malware.
* Provide engineering support for security incidents and threats.
* Perform initial incident triage, determining scope, urgency, and potential impact of security incidents.
* Respond to and resolve identified security incidents, maintaining contact with end users and the help desk through resolution.
* Perform investigation/root cause analysis on known security vulnerabilities and recommend risk mitigation procedures.