Sales Compensation Manager
San Francisco, CA 94104
You're a seasoned manager who can recognize where processes can be improved (great and small), and who will take the initiative to improve them. Using your strong communication skills, you'll effectively collaborate with a variety of cross functional partners. You're also able to analyze and anticipate the needs of your partners, your manager, and their initiatives. You will provide strategic guidance and direction, along with being able to analyze data and resolve operational issues. You have the ability to perform flawlessly and professionally in a challenging and extremely fast-paced environment, while also having the grace and willingness to change direction when circumstances demand.
* Create and standardize the sales commission function with the support of a Sales Compensation analyst in the administration and payment of variable compensation, in adherence to the variable compensation plan(s) and policy.
* Audit and review of compensation cost, while ensuring timeliness and accuracy.
* Identify and drive agreement or improvements to our sales compensation design, own the annual plan revision cycle and related policies and procedures by partnering across Finance, Sales Ops and HR.
* Monitor, analyze and present compensation plan effectiveness to sales leadership, finance, operations via QBR packages.
* Conduct cost modeling to support annual compensation expense and perform "what if" scenarios for impact of accelerators, excellence points and other variables.
* Research compensation issues and disputes and provide analysis to facilitate resolution.
* Ensure compliance with SOX for our compensation documents, processes and programs.
* Own Global Sales Compensation case queue and meet team SLA's.
* Work with Sales Operations to ensure consistency in data and opportunity information.
* Provide training on compensation mechanics, plans and policy.
* Own financial close deliverables.
* Partner with Sales Operations team to drive automation of variable compensation calculations via SPM platform (Obero) and/or generate new technical requirements for enhancements.
* Own and improve the compensation forecasting process.