We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated, detail oriented Senior Release Engineer who has demonstrated the ability to work in a fast-pace and complex software build environment to join the SCM Team at our client. As the Senior Release Engineer, you will work with Software Engineers to ensure services seamlessly move from development through rollout and into production. The Release role requires the scripting and coding ability with an eye toward scalability so that big deployments can be broken down and distributed across multiple data centers. The Release Engineer will develop state of the art build and deploy scripts and tools that will improve the efficiency of the development and its build process. As the Senior Release Engineer, you will be using your leadership and technical expertise to manage small project teams and lead complex application releases for production and develop major improvement to tools and processes. Providing continuous support on builds with the aim to make the build and releases as automated as possible, is a primary responsibility for the Sr. Release Engineer.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Support and improve SCM/Build & Deployment tooling for continuous integration, automated testing and automated self-service release management and build & deployment processes
* Manage multiple concurrent releases/builds from early development thru to online availability.
* Collaborate with developers and architects to refine build, test, and release practices across the organization.
* Support Daily, scheduled, off-schedule and Continuous deployments as needed
* Troubleshoot issues caused due dependencies mentioned in POM file for maven builds
* Support in Managing Atlassian and other tools
* Implement push button deployment at scale with zero downtime