Sunnyvale, CA 94085
* Creates and supports databases and related applications in all phases of development life cycle. This will include Oracle/MySQL databases, R12 E-Business administration as well as other applications.
* Performs the capacity planning and server planning for the current and future business needs.
* Works closely with the development team and make recommendations with the development effort for existing programs and future designs.
* Works with our backup tools and backup strategies, supports the existing strategies and implements improvements.
* Restores and clones existing instances.
* Performs ongoing tuning of databases and makes necessary changes.
* Implements and enforces security for all our databases and applications including eCommerce applications.
* Controls migrations of programs, database changes and other applications related changes through the development life cycle.
* Evaluates new upgrades and tools and makes sound recommendations and put together proposals and execute them.
* Assists with impact analysis of changes made to programs, databases and infrastructure.
* Works as part of a team and provides 7x24 support when required.
* Works on other database and infrastructure related tasks as requested.