Background / Experience requirements:
* 7+ years of experience as a Linux Systems Administrator, with significant hands-on experience in installing, configuring & managing compute resources, as well as experience managing, deploying and installing high availability, scaled out and high-traffic Linux services.
* 3+ years of proven experience automating Linux based deployments using Chef.
* Proven CLI skills and strong scripting skills, ideally with bash, Python and/or Ruby
* Significant hypervisor (KVM & VMware) expertise
Nice to have experience includes:
* 3+ years Network expertise Linux kernel network features, BGP, routing, web (REST) APIs
* High availability engineering experience (clustering, consensus algorithms, fail-over mechanisms) is a big plus
* Solid Experience with Public Cloud (e.g. AWS / Google)
* High availability engineering experience (clustering, consensus algorithms, fail-over mechanisms)
* 3+ years experience with infrastructure configuration & management tools like Terraform, Chef etc
* Experience with Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) for virtualization hardware is a plus
Certification in one or more of the following is preferred:
* Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
* Red Hat OpenShift Administration
* VMware VCP