Sunnyvale, CA 94085
*Responsible for maintaining and scaling production Hadoop, Kafka, and Spark clusters.
* Deep understanding of Hadoop/ Spark stack and hands on experience in resolving issues with Hadoop/Spark Jobs
* Responsible for the implementation and ongoing administration of Hadoop infrastructure including monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting.
* Provide hardware architectural guidance, plan and estimate cluster capacity, and create roadmaps for the Hadoop cluster deployment.
* Able to support Shift plan with some odd hours coverage on a weekly basis
* Triage production issues when they occur with other operational teams.
* Conduct ongoing maintenance across our large-scale deployments across the world.
* Write automation code for managing large Big Data clusters
* Work with development and QA teams to design Ingestion Pipelines, Integration APIs, and provide Hadoop ecosystem services
* Participate in the occasional on-call rotation supporting the infrastructure.
Hands on to troubleshoot incidents, formulate theories and test hypothesis, and narrow down possibilities to find the root cause.