The operational goals for our organization are to:
● Rapidly deploy small-scale features and bug fixes, assuming a single or pair of in-house developers
● To have simple code deployment from source control, to a staging environment, and finally to a production, live environment.
● To have simple migration of content data from production to staging and a local development environment
● To be sure that our server environments can stay up to date in as simple a fashion as possible
Scope of work
To achieve this, we are seeking a contract partner who can help us set up systems and teach best practices in order for us to keep moving forward with our in-house team.
● Work with us to identify a best-fit architecture using off-the shelf components for our needs
● Create a migration plan and cutover schedule no more than 45 days from our current pipeline
● Train in-house staff on basic use and best practices of installed components
● Develop documentation with in-house staff for common system operations to complete project.
● Demonstrated expertise in DevOps system architecture and deployment for Node.js AND WordPress applications
● Experience with small-scale, limited resource teams. Non-profit experience preferred
● Ability to demonstrate, train, and document processes for new systems
Some of our considerations
● With our small-scale resources, we value simplicity and low overhead over customization and state-of-the-art.
● We are not currently looking to trade out our basic architecture, namely:
○ WordPress using Bedrock framework with WP-API for content management
○ Node.js using Hapi framework for web app, using React.js for front end
We?re currently using an Amazon Web Services-based deployment?we?re open other resources if they can satisfy our needs for simplicity and low maintenance.