Data Migration Engineer
San Jose, CA 95128
As our client scales into a multibillion dollar company, it is critical they get the processes, systems and data right for subsequent growth.
Role and Responsibilities
* Acts as a deployment wave focal point for data objects in scope for migration
* Lead data analysis for the current CPQ system, work with business and document the data definitions, data flow in confluence.
* Documentation of CPQ objects data definitions and data flow in confluence.
* Set up the environment for the migration for dev, QA testing and production migration set up.
* Responsible to drive migration activities: cleansing, additional fields mapping, loads, documentation, etc.
* Responsible for developing a Data Migration Test Plan to support validation of extracted/ transformed data by stakeholders and manage the plan prior to delivery of data for any mock migration or cutover activity
* Coming with the transformation rules on the mapped data, apply the transformation rules using tools like (Excel, SFDC data loader, Mulesoft)
* Write complex queries on the source data for data analysis and quality and apply transformation to load the data in to the new objects
* UAT execution/ownership
* Defect resolution coordination for object(s) under responsibility